Ready to learn the ropes with a view to manage or own the business?
We have a Fitter-Turner position available that would best suit a person who holds excellent skills in the workshop and is ready to learn the ropes of the business with a view to managing or owning the business in the next few years.
Read below for more details, we look forward to hearing from you.
Bray Street Engineering is a long-standing engineering business based in Darfield, just 30 minutes southwest of Christchurch. We are an owner-operated business who serve the local community both from the workshop and doing onsite repairs and servicing of farm machinery. As a small team, we have a strong culture of supporting each other and client focus which drives us. Our passion lies in achieving great results for our clients and creating long lasting relationships.
We are seeking a skilled Fitter-Turner with welding experience to join our fantastic team. This is a varied role where no two days work are the same. We offer additional training and support if you are only a few years into your fitter-turner career or would like to extend your welding skills from mid-level to expert level.
This position would best suit a person who holds excellent skills in the workshop and is ready to learn the ropes of the business with a view to managing or owning the business in the next few years.
The role requires:
· At least 2 years as a fitter-turner
· At least 5 welding experience
· Good physical health (some heavy lifting, moving, and maneuvering required)
· Eagerness to learn new things
· Driver’s licence
· Good relationship management skills for talking with clients
· Have the right to work in NZ
What we have in return:
· Regular mentor-ship by experienced owners
· $33 – 38 per hour (depending on skill-set)
· Mobile phone account allowance
· Petrol allowance
· Opportunity to advance into management and/or ownership within 3 years if desired.
· Work-life balance (work may be performed 4 days at 10 hours or 5 days at 8 hours per day or a suitable combination)
If you fit the criteria above, please view the full job description on our website www.braystreet.co.nz or contact Peter Stanley to discuss the job further on 027 222 5394.